Friday, October 3, 2014

Thoughts on the Farewell

Its time for another blog post! Whoo!
     Its getting real, people!  I have been a real mess this week. (Ask my mom).  Satan is real good at his job and I struggle with feelings of discouragement or inadequacy, but it doesn't change how I feel about serving a mission.  It's exactly what I need to be doing.  I have my highs and lows, but I'm very grateful for family and friends who are so so so supportive.  
      Last Sunday was my farewell.  It was so great! The whole day I was just overwhelmed with love for all my family and friends. Wow! I am just so blessed.  So many people were there and I just loved the whole spirit in the meeting.  I spoke with another missionary, Elder Miller.  His remarks were so amazing and he just brought an amazing spirit to the meeting. He is going to do amazing things in Texas! 
     My talk was on the the first great commandment.  I learned so much while I was preparing it that I wish I could have told you everything I learned.  I found some amazing talks by our dear leaders that were inspiring and filled with quotes.  (If I wasn't going on a mission, I would print those up and hang them in my room).  I thought about sharing my talk, but I think I am just going to share the talks I found and let you do the studying. 
    • The First Great Commandment by Elder Jeffery R. Holland.  I actually did not use any quotes from his talk because I couldn't find a way to fit them in, but he has the most powerful thougths about beind devoted disciples. 
    • The Great Commandment by Joseph B. Wirthlin.  Best. Talk. Ever. 
    • Of Things That Matter Most by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.  I just love president Uchtdorf and I love his topics he speaks on! This is one of my all time favs. 
    • The Great Commandment--Love the Lord by Ezra Taft Benson.  Another inspiring talk about loving God
Well there you have it! These are great talks to study and to read.  They helped so much in my talk. I just love our latter day prophets and I'm so excited to hear from them THIS weekend! Whoo! General Conference should be a national holiday! It's getting just as exciting as Christmas! 
      Thank you all for your love and support! 

1 comment:

  1. Emma you are ridiculously amazing... I'd even say one in a million. I am going to learn so much from you serving the Lord. I already learned from you during your amazing talk. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete