Monday, February 15, 2016

Beautiful week in Cusco

February 15, 2016

Hey family!
  How are we??  Its been a beautiful week here in Cusco.  I love
Cusco. Its awesome.  Hermana Borja is also the greatest!  We laugh a
lot even when we have a little bit of stress.  The work is going good.
We are going to rescue a really awesome family and have a couple
investigators with baptism dates. All is well here. 
    This week the Hermanas from Puerto came to visit us.  It was so
much fun to see Hermana Alailima again!  I spent the day with her and
it was awesome.  She has become an amazing missionary…I wonder who
trained her?... haha joking.  But really she teaches so well and I
learned so much from her.  It was good to hear that Puerto is doing
really well.  Lots of my old investigators have baptism dates and she
is getting along really well with her companion.  They were able to
fly to cusco and on the way back we almost missed their flight.  It
was something out of our hands but wow talk about stress.  We ended up
full on running through the airport parking lot.  And then later that
day we were almost late getting home from an appointment so we ran
like crazies to be there at 9.  We made it and i was grateful that day
had ended.
We also had zone conference with our zone and another zone in Cusco.
It was amazing.  President is the best and his talk was perfect.  He
talked about our purpose as missionaries.  Later he talked about the
worth of women and talked super hard to the Elders.  I have the
greatest notes.  We had to give a little training and we were so
nervous.  I think it went good but I called on an Elder and got his
name wrong. It was embarrassing….. I think I am becoming more like
mom…  jaja love you. Anways the conference was awesome.  President
sometimes talks to prepare us for the life after the misión and he
told us that our purpose on earth is to get married in the temple to
our prince charming.  He also said that the scripture about the
natural man only refers to men.  Jaja 
Yesterday was a really rough day.  We had been walking for hours and
hours without finding anyone to teach.  WE had a appointment at 6 with
a less active and his two daughters who aren`t baptized. As we were
walking past a park to go to the appointment someone called us and it
was this less active.  WE were able to teach them and it was a  great
lesson. It was a huge tender mercy and I was grateful that we were
able to find them.  Because if we had passed by with out him saying
something we would have found his house empty.
This week I am trying to have an attitude of gratitude.  THis sector
is very different from Puerto and I am trying to get used to it.  Its
been a little hard but I feel like the Lord is with us.  He really
walks with us everyday and feels exactly what we feel.  I know he is
preparing people that I need to find in this sector and if we are
obedient and do what is asked of us we will find them.   Plus this
week Elder Holland is coming!!
Well love you all!

Con amor, hermana Russell





No comments:

Post a Comment