Monday, September 14, 2015

Beautifullness of Peanut Butter M&M's

HOLA FAMILIA!

Sorry for not writing very much last week.  J  we didn´t have much
time and I had to fix some things with my photos.  But all is well
here.   And so. We are truly enjoying my birthday package J and so
are the ward members because we have been bringing M&M´s to them so
that they might be able to try the beautifulness of peanut butter
M&M´s.  Mom asked if I remember watching Pysch and I honestly don´t
remember anything I did when I was home.  I faintly remember my last
night and don´t remember anything of the summer before besides Hannah´s
wedding and things pertaining to my  mission.  I do however remember
crying because I couldn´t find jeans for the mission J  hahah oh man.
What I did I do with so much time in my house??  Thank you for the BYU
updates.  I was so happy to hear that they won and feel like it’s a
birthday present from my favorite boys.   I think we should schedule
the Utes to play for my birthday because si o si they would be
trampled.  Keep up the updates because they just make me happy J  ALSO
Oh and I totally loved the description of the BYU players celebrating after the win.  Hugging
the ref is a classic and forget about all the movies that I will miss
on my mission, i just want to watch the 2015 BYU season please J

Well this week was an odd one.  Especially when I realized I got
excited when Hermana Yrma told us in ward counsil that we were going
to eat rice and fried egg and banana for lunch….. Hermana minaya is
currently suffering (I think) from a stomach infection and so she
slept a lot this week even though she didn´t want to.  Monday we went
to our ward mission leaders home for what we thought was a family home
evening but it turned into a birthday party J  He´s the best and I
love his family.  He served us the biggest slice of cake ever.  We
were also with Hermana Campoverde because her companion had to go to
Lima for papers.  Anway so we ate so much cake and then we had a
family home evening with the Bishop and he invited us to hamburgers.
I was dying inside but they were super good.  We returned to our
apartment close to 9:30 and we all crashed after a super long day.
Anyway I woke up at about 4 with super bad stomach pains and ended up
throwing up…. Haha no more hamburgers and cake for me for a while.
After that I was good and woke up normal….  But literally I don´t want
to eat a burger until I am home which makes me sad… haha J

Wednesday was a super hard day.  We were still in a trio and working
two sectors is so hard.  Finally Hermana Nuila arrived and we were
free to only work in our sector.  Anyways I could tell that Hermana
Minaya wasn´t feeling well and so I made her sit down and rest for a
bit.  We had walked a lot that day and it was unsually hot.  Anway we
said a prayer that we would find someone to help or teach so that the
hour would pass quickly and Hermana Minaya could get her mind off of
her stomach pains.  We decided to climb up a huge hill to visit an
investigator and it was a blessing that we found her in her store and
that she needed our help chopping vegetables to package in a pre made
soup package..thingy….hahah anyways it was an answer to our prayers
and we were able to sit down and talk and help Estela.  She´s
hilarious and we gained a lot of trust with her.  She asked us all
about our lives and our lives as missionary.  She is hilarious and
right now is trying to find her Book of Mormon because someone gave
one to her a while ago.

Thursday we had interviews with PRESIDENTE!  It was awesome as always.
We also had a mini interview with Hermana Harbertson.  sHe always
trains us on how to help our companions learn english.  I have been
trying to speak more English  and we have been praying every time in
English. I am pleased to inform you guys that I can now pray normally
in english.  Seriously applaud me because it’s so hard.  President is
the best and we are now focusing on finding menos activos and
reactivating them.  He promised us that as we do we will find new
people to teach and families that aren´t all baptized.   The
assistants trained us on how to work with the ward members and talked
about the importance of knowing the name of each of the ward members
and getting to know them.  It was a super good day. J and in the night
we had the privlege to be accompanied by Hermana Harbertson.  We
visited Cynthia our recent rescue and it was a great lesson.  Hermana
Harbertson is the best and such an amazing woman.

One funny thing that I don´t know if I have mentioned but Karen the
sister of our ward mission leader knows the song Some nights by FUN.
But she doesn´t know the words just the rhythm and the what the words
sound like to her.  One day she asked me if I knew this song and she
started to sing to me.  It was hilarious because she didn´t say one
single word in English but it all sounded like the song.  I couldn´t
help but chuckle a little.  It sounded like that one game where random
words sound like phrases…… hahah she is hilarious.

I was studying this week in the Book  of Mormon in the book of
Helaman.   I love his counsel to his children Lehi and Nefi.  He tells
them to build on the foundation of Christ and to remember their
ancestors.  Later Lehi and Nefi leave on missions and it says that
they kept the commandments of God.  A few scriptures later it says
that they taught with great power and authority and were not confused
by the Nephite dissenters.  I think that this a great example of what
obedience can do, it brings the spirit and a power that will be with
us as we teach.  They converted 8 thousand people.  WOW.  The lord
blessed them because they were obedient and because they were obedient
they had the Holy Ghost with them.  I know that we can be more
obedient and especially me J  I also read a talk by Elder Michael T
Ringwood this week that is called Truly good and without Guile.  This
talk is so amazing and helped me reazlied that I need to be motivated
by love and be good just to be good.  I want to be a member that goes
above and beyond and serves out of love.  He talks about that we need
to change our motivations and basically stop seeking recognition or
power  he then says this that I loved and thought I would share it
with you guys.  “The good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is that
the desires or our hearts can be transformed and our motives can be
educated and refined.”  Isn´t the Gospel the BESt?  It allows us to
change and to become better.  I am grateful that we are not all stuck
to live and die without progressing and putting off the natural man.
What a blessing that the Atonement gives us.

Well it’s been a good week all in all. J  Next week is changes and we
will see what they will bring.


Love Hermana Russell.

The only cell phone we have is a banana phone!


The apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment